Slow Roasted Pulled Pork w/Kicking Coleslaw
Recipe by: Chef Lisa A. Heidelberg
Serves: 10-15 servings
- 12-14lb bone-in pork shoulder (butt)
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ seasoning (I like mine with a little heat and sweet)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Shredded cabbage (the cabbage in a sack is a great convenience product)
- ½ c olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1t house seasoning (garlic, onion & black pepper)
- ½ c of grated Vidalia onion
- ½ t turmeric
- ½ t curry
- 1t cayenne pepper
- 1t chopped chives
- Heat to 275 degrees. Rub seasoning all over pork butt. Get butt into a heavy bottomed baking pan. Add the broth. Then cover pan tightly with foil and let cook for several hours or until tender.
- Add cabbage to a bowl. Take the rest of the ingredients and blend in a blender or food processor. Pour the dressing a little at a time over the cabbage. Mix with hands to check your cabbage to dressing ratio. , but you can’t take out. Finish with fresh chives if you like.
Chef’s note: You will have some amazing juice that rendered from the pork butt while it was baking. I love to skim the fat of then use this sauce to make my BBQ sauce that I serve with the pork. Sooooo yummy!!